- Get Involved
- Success Stories
- Brown County
Thank you to our sponsors
The LOSE IT to WIN IT Community Health Challenge is funded by a grant from UnitedHealth Group. The community prize is made possible with this funding and also a generous donation from the New Ulm Medical Center Foundation.
Registrations are now closed!
First team challenge:
Holiday Trimmings Winners Announced! Read more....
Second team challenge:
Congratulations to the winers of our last team challenge, who won a free private cooking class with Chef Topher at NU Chef's Pantry!
Most weight lost: 88 Mammas
Best weight maintenance: Surgical Sweeties
Third team challenge coming soon! May 12 to July 4
Congratulations, New Ulm!
The final tally is in, and a total of 2,238 adults who live or work in New Ulm registered for the LOSE IT to WIN IT Challenge and made the commitment to lose or maintain their weight. This is an amazing number and a great testament to the enthusiasm and dedication of everyone in the New Ulm community who is helping create healthy "wins" for themselves, their families and the entire community.
While the total number of registrations came up a bit short of the goal of 2500, we're pleased to announce that the challenge will make a prorated donation of $22,380 to start the community on the path to the $100,000 community prize of new outdoor fitness equipment for New Ulm parks and bicycle improvements. The prize is possible thanks to a grant from UnitedHealth Group and a generous donation from New Ulm Medical Center Foundation.
The community has lost more than 4,000 pounds already! Continue to log in and visit our program website to track your weight, enter your health points and follow the community progress.
How to continue participating and create "wins" for yourself and the community:
- Weigh in at a kiosk every month to help track your progress. When you weigh in monthly, you will earn a 10-cent per gallon discount on gas on your Hy-Vee Fuel Saver card with a minimum $10 grocery purchase at the New Ulm Hy-Vee. When you weigh in quarterly, you'll also earn a 25-cent per gallon discount on gas with a minimum $25 grocery purchase. Our community will earn up to $50,000 toward the community prize based on how much weight the community is losing!
- Join the team challenge and motivate and support each other. Create your own team of four to 8 members or join a team. Teams are competing for the highest percentage of members who maintain their weight or lose weight. Winning teams earn bragging rights as well as prizes.
- Track your health points to keep yourself motivated and be eligible for a drawing to win a monthly prize. All participants who earn 400 health points in a month are eligible for the drawing. Remember to track your points online within two weeks to earn your points.
- Share your success story and tips -- or someone else's! Is the challenge helping you or someone you know adopt healthier habits? Increase physical activity? Eat healthier? Manage stress more efficiently? Lose weight? Share tips or a story to help inspire others in the community by posting on our Facebook page or emailing us.
- Complete the six-month and final follow-up survey that will be sent to you by email. You’ll be ready to officially complete the challenge after 12 months of participating. You'll receive a free T-shirt after you have completed the surveys and weighed in at a kiosk at least one time in each of the three quarters after your initial weigh-in. Our community will earn up to $25,000 toward the community prize if enough people officially complete the challenge!
Is your worksite participating in the challenge?
Check the top 3 worksites in terms of registrations!
For more information about the LOSE IT to WIN IT challenge, see our Frequently Asked Questions.