- Get Involved
- Success Stories
- Brown County
We’re making it easier for you to eat well while eating out.
Hearts Beat Back: The Heart of New Ulm Project has partnered with local restaurants committed to serving you the same great-tasting food with fewer calories and more fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthier fats.
The level of participation (Bronze, Silver or Gold) is set by the number of healthy practices offered at the restaurant. Stop in soon and experience just how tasty foods can be when prepared with better health in mind!
Visit these participating restaurants:
Bronze Level Restaurants
Lamplighter Family Sports Bar & Grill
Perkins® Restaurant & Bakery
Silver Level Restaurant
Gold Level Restaurants & Approved Menu Items
Artisans at the Grand
- Southwestern Shrimp
(Calories: 630; total fat: 3g; saturated fat: 5g; dietary fiber: 22g)
George’s Fine Steak & Spirits
- Angie’s Sauteed Salmon
- Skinless Baked Chicken
- Wicked Wraps (either Sauteed Chicken and Vegetables or Sauteed Portabella Mushroom and Vegetables)
- George’s Fruit Salad
Lola’s Larkspur Market
- Asian Chicken Salad
(Calories: 415; total fat: 14g; saturated fat: 1g; dietary fiber: 9g)
- All sandwiches on Fresh Fit Choice Menu - visit Subway's website for their "Fresh Fit Choices" for nutritional information
- Raspberry Chicken Salad
More Information - New Ulm Restaurants Owners/Managers
It’s not too late for restaurants join the program! Phase II will launch in February 2012 and we invite all New Ulm-area restaurants to participate. As a thank you for partnering with us to offer and promote healthy food, we provide participating restaurants with the following free of charge:
- Onsite door decals and table tents or menu inserts
- Promotion of participation through the Heart of New Ulm Project’s newsletter and “What’s Cooking New Ulm?” cable show, as well as in the New Ulm Journal
- Consultation with a Registered Dietitian to answer questions and offer support
- In-service training for all restaurant staff
Participation is easy! Each restaurant’s level of participation (Bronze, Silver or Gold) is set by the number of healthy practices the restaurant agrees to implement.
Please contact us by email email@example.com for details and to learn how to join the FoodWorks Restaurant Program.
More Information - Community
Hearts Beat Back: The Heart of New Ulm Project and our restaurant partners are committed to making healthy eating easy! Check back frequently to learn about new FoodWorks Restaurant Program partners and promotions.